The purpose of the Town of Farmville social media accounts is to provide information of public interest to residents, businesses, and visitors. The town makes every effort to respond to comments and questions where appropriate in a reasonable amount of time.
The Town of Farmville reserves the right to delete submissions that contain:
- Vulgar or obscene language
- Defamatory or disparaging content.
- False, misleading, or deceptive information or media.
- Personal attacks or threatening or harassing activity of any kind.
- Spam or links to other sites.
- Comments or content that constitutes, promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, genetics, status with regard to the public assistant, national origin, physical or intellectual disability, or sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law or regulation.
- Any comment that advocates illegal activity.
- Promotion of particular services, commercial transactions, products, or political organization.
- Opposition or promotion of any person campaigning for election to a political office.
- Non-public information concerning securities or that constitutes insider-trading or forwarding-looking statements.
- Infringement on copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, licenses, or any other intellectual property.
- Personally identifiable or protected medical or personal information.
- Information that may compromise the safety, security, or proceedings of public systems or any criminal or civil investigations.
- Comments that do not directly relate to the information or comments posted or displayed by the Town of Farmville site/page.
Comments expressed on our social media sites do not reflect the opinions and position of the Town of Farmville, or its officers and employees. If you have any questions concerning the operation of this online moderated discussion site, please contact the town at 434-392-5686.
Adopted by Farmville Town Council May 9, 2018