Farmville Regional Airport
Runway Safety Area Grading - Construction
- Runway 03/21 and taxiway are closed from August 15, 2022 to October 3, 2022.
- Practicing low approaches are prohibited.
- Avoid flying over work zones, men, and equipment on closed runway and taxiway.
- The apron and refueling are still open to helicopters. Only approach from and depart to the east over the golf course.
- Contact 434-392-8465 during business hours for questions.
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Goal
The Town of Farmville, on behalf of the Farmville Regional Airport, has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) 49 CFR Part 26. The Town has received Federal assistance from USDOT, and as a condition of receiving this assistance the Town has signed an assurance that will comply with 49 CFR Part 26. Read the complete DBE Policy Statement (PDF).
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC | DISADVANTAGED BUSINESS ENTERPRISE (DBE) GOAL FOR Farmville Regional Airport, Farmville, VA - July 5, 2022
The Town of Farmville, as owner and operator of the Farmville Regional Airport, hereby announces and posts a proposed overall goal for its Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program for federal fiscal years (FFY) 2023-2025. The proposed goal is 8.04% for all FAA-AIP funded projects in FFY 2023-2025. The methodology used in developing the goal is available for inspection during normal business hours at the Town Manager’s office: 116 N Main Street, Farmville, VA 23901. The Town will receive and consider public comments on the proposed goal until August 1, 2022. Comments may be submitted in writing to:
C. Scott Davis, LP. D., Town Manager
Town of Farmville P.O. Box 368
Farmville VA 23901
Comments may also be submitted at firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information and questions, please contact Dr. Davis at (434) 392-5686 during normal business hours.
Farmville Regional Airport
The Farmville Regional Airport (FVX) is located in central Virginia just 5 miles northwest of the town. The airport contributes quality-of-life benefits to the community through support of public events, emergency medical operations, law enforcement, agricultural spraying and search and rescue activities.
The airport has a runway length of 4,400 feet.
Services offered at the airport include:
- Aviation fuel (100LL Avgas and Jet A)
- Aviation fuel is available 7 days a weeks, 24 hours a day with a "pay at the pump" option
- Aircraft parking
- Flight instruction
- Courtesy transportation
- Pilots lounge
- Public telephone
- Computerized weather
- Internet access
- Conference room
- Medical flight exams are offered on-site at the airport
The town has been successful in obtaining and continues to obtain funds from the federal and state aviation administrations for upgrades to the airport's facilities.
For More Information
- For more information about the Farmville Regional Airport, please contact: Theresa Wood, Airport Technician, at 434-391-6111
- The Fixed Base Operator (FBO), C. Scott Davis, LP.D., at 434-392-5686