Students Living Off Campus

Welcome to Farmville! Living off-campus is a great opportunity for you to experience the community and gain a greater sense of self-reliance. We hope that while living off-campus you will stay safe and enjoy all that Farmville has to offer.

Won't You Be My Neighbor?

Get to know your neighbors and maybe even invite them over. If you have a party, let your neighbors know ahead of time, and afterward clean up any trash left in the yards. Remind your guests to treat your home and surrounding properties as if it were their own. Encourage neighbors to contact you first if there are problems, and be responsive to their concerns. Respect the noise ordinance, and monitor and eliminate noise after 10 pm

Public Safety

The Farmville Police Department has compiled some helpful information regarding parking, town regulations, etc.

Get out & Active

There is so much to do in Farmville! Our Parks and Recreation department provides multiple programs, community centers, a golf course, acres of parks, and many trails. Explore the website for more details.

Volunteer Opportunities

There are many ways to volunteer in and around Farmville. Habitat for Humanity and United Way are great resources to find volunteer opportunities. If helping save lives is more your style, consider volunteering with our volunteer rescue or fire departments.


  • Electricity: Dominion Virginia Power
    Phone: 866-366-4357
  • Water/Sewer: Now that you are living off-campus you need to sign up for utilities. Water and sewer are provided through the Town of Farmville. To set up a new service or to change the name on an existing bill, call the Treasurer's Office at 434-392-3333 or email the Treasurer's Office. And when you move out, call to get the bill out of your name. To learn more about the Town's utility service, including how to sign up for autopay and pay online, visit the Utility page.
  • Garbage/Recycling: The Town of Farmville provides garbage and recycling pickup for those who live in town. To learn more about the pickup schedule visit the Recycling and Garbage pages or by calling Public Works at 434-392-3331.

Voter Registration

Voter registration is done through Prince Edward County. Check out how to register to vote and find election information at Elections or call the County Registrar at 434-392-4767.

Pet Licenses

Prince Edward County requires all pet owners to tag dogs four months or older. It's $10 for dogs; $5 if they are neutered or spayed. A current certificate of rabies inoculation is required, as well as a veterinarian's certificate of neutering or spaying. To purchase a dog license visit the County Treasurer's Office.

Speaking of Pets

Dogs need to be on a leash when off your property and they also need to be cleaned up after. The town maintains a dog park off of Virginia Street, next to the DMV, where you can take your furry friend for a stroll or run.