Adult Basketball League
Congratulations to the No Label team for their win in the 2022 season of the Adult Basketball League! We would like to thank Jade Owl Creative for their amazing photography, and to Fuqua School for allowing us to use their gym. We had an amazing season, wrapping up with an all-star game and an exciting, seeded tournament!
The 2022 Season teams were as follows:
Monday, March 21st
6:00 pm – LTMN (74) vs. Most Wanted (60)
7:00 pm – Dream Team (30) vs. Kings (79)
8:00 pm – No Label (54) vs. Hoop Junkies (70)
Wednesday, March 23rd
6:00 pm – Kings (44) vs. Most Wanted (37)
7:00 pm – Hoop Junkies (75) vs. LTMN (58)
8:00 pm – Underground (55) vs. The Hitters (51)
Monday, March 28th
6:00 pm – Underground (68) vs. Dream Team (44)
7:00 pm – LTMN (62) vs. Kings (63)
8:00 pm – The Hitters (63) vs. No Label (52)
Wednesday, March 30th
6:00 pm – Hoop Junkies (37) vs. The Hitters (34)
7:00 pm – Most Wanted (72) vs. Underground (56)
8:00 pm – No Label (71) vs. Dream Team (41)
Monday, April 4th
6:00 pm – Dream Team (49) vs. Hoop Junkies (99)
7:00 pm – The Hitters (66) vs. LTMN (51)
8:00 pm – Kings (52) vs. Underground (51)
Wednesday, April 6th
6:00 pm – LTMN (80) vs. Underground (70)
7:00 pm – The Hitters (73) vs. Dream Team (37)
8:00 pm – Most Wanted (52) vs. No Label (68)
Monday, April 11th
6:00 pm – Hoop Junkies (82) vs. Most Wanted (67)
7:00 pm – Dream Team (54) vs. LTMN (79)
8:00 pm – Kings (45) vs. No Label (49)
Wednesday, April 13th
6:00 pm – Hoop Junkies (61) vs. Kings (52)
7:00 pm – Most Wanted (51) vs. The Hitters (74)
8:00 pm – No Label (64) vs. Underground (55)
Monday, April 18th
6:00 pm – Dream Team (39) vs. Most Wanted (81)
7:00 pm – Underground (51) vs. Hoop Junkies (53)
8:00 pm – LTMN (68) vs. No Label (70)
Wednesday, April 20th
6:00 pm – The Hitters (55) vs. Kings (53)
7:00 pm – Most Wanted (62) vs. LTMN (54)
8:00 pm –No Label (67) vs. Hoop Junkies (66)
Monday, April 25th
6:00 pm – LTMN (Forfeit) vs. Hoop Junkies
7:00 pm – Kings (75) vs. Dream Team (37)
8:00 pm – Underground (64) vs. The Hitters (72)
Wednesday, April 27th
6:00 pm – Dream Team (48) vs. Underground (84)
7:00 pm – Most Wanted (52) vs. Kings (50)
8:00 pm – No Label (52) vs. The Hitters (59)
Week 7 - Tournament- Round 1
Monday, May 2nd, Round 1
6:00 pm – Hoop Junkies 82 vs. Dream Team 48 – Game 1
7:00 pm – Kings 53 vs. Most Wanted 44 – Game 2
Tuesday, May 3rd, Round 1
6:00 pm – Hitters 57 vs. Underground 50 – Game 3
7:00 pm – No Label 82 vs. LTMN 63 – Game 4
Friday, May 6th , Adult League All-Star Game
Week 8 - Tournament- Semifinals and Championship
Monday, May 9th, Semi-finals
7:00 pm – Hoop Junkies vs. Kings
Tuesday, May 10th, All-Star Game and League Championship
6:00 pm – League Awards & 3pt Shooting Contest
All-Star Game (Halftime show will include Half-Court Shot and Kid's Free Throw Shot)
7:00 pm – No Label v Kings
As of the end of Season
Adult Basketball League Rules and Guidelines
****Team Managers and/or Coaches are responsible for informing their team of the rules. ****
- The $350.00 League Fee must be paid before the registration deadline. All checks should be made payable to the Town of Farmville.
- League Rosters must be submitted to the Farmville Recreation Department by the registration deadline, along with signed copies of the Farmville Recreation Department Wavier Form. All players on the roster must sign this waiver form to play. Players may only be registered on one roster and therefore participate on one team.
- Roster changes during the season may be made before the team’s third game. Any change after that can only be allowed by certain approved circumstances such as injury, relocation, etc. Any roster changes must be reviewed and approved by the Farmville Recreation Director.
- This is an Adult Basketball league therefore the league minimum age for players is 18 years of age by the start of the current regular season. No player under the age of 18 will be allowed to participate.
- Cancellations will be determined by the Recreation Department which will inform all coaches of this cancellation.
- Alcohol is not permitted in or around the playing areas. This includes all parking lots near the gym. The use of tobacco products is permitted in the designated smoking areas which include the bleachers and parking lot but is not permitted on the field.
Games will be officiated according to the Virginia High School League Rules.
- Teams not fielding five players at game time may play with four players. If one of the four players fouls out, the team must forfeit. If the fifth player shows up late for the game, then they can play immediately by entering the game at the next dead ball.
- Each team will be allowed two timeouts per half. Timeouts cannot be carried over to the next half. One Timeout will be allowed in an overtime contest.
- Each player will be allowed five fouls. The bonus occurs on the seventh foul and for subsequent fouls each half. The double bonus begins with the tenth foul.
- The first possession will be determined by a jump ball. Alternating possessions following thereafter. Each overtime period will begin with a jump ball.
- Foul shots are on the release of the ball.
- All Technical fouls will be automatic two shots for the opposing team and the ball out-of-bounds. Technical fouls are also counted as personal fouls. Two (2) technical fouls on a player/coach will result in automatic disqualification for the remainder of the game and must leave the premises. The player/coach will also be disqualified for the next league or playoff game
- A technical foul may be called for any of the following actions
- FLAGRANT- Where a player makes unnecessary aggressive physical contact with an opposing player, which, in the opinion of an official, may result in serious injury to the opponent. This type of foul will result in immediate disqualification of the offending player for the remainder of the game and the next scheduled league/playoff game.
- VERBAL OR BEHAVIORAL- Where a player or coach verbally abuses or taunts an opposing player, coach, official, or spectator. Behavioral foul examples include: slamming the ball into the floor or kicking it in frustration after a play, kicking chairs or other items along the bench, or fighting. Depending on the severity of the verbal abuse or behavior, the game officials may disqualify the player/coach from the game after the first (1st) infraction.
- INTENTIONAL- Where a player commits a physical foul that is not a legitimate attempt to directly play the ball or player. (Examples are holding an opponent to stop play, pushing an opponent in the back to prevent a score when there is no chance, or committing an obvious hard foul on a player with no intention of playing the ball or player during a press to stop the clock.)
****All technical fouls are subject to a league fine. The first technical by a player or coach during a game will result in a $50.00 fine. The second technical foul by the same player or coach in the same game will result in a $75.00 fine and an automatic one-game suspension for the next scheduled game. All fines will be paid to the League Representative the same day the technical fouls occur. ****
Teams MUST have matching uniform tops of similar color and a jersey number at least 4 inches or larger on the back of the jersey. Duplicate numbers are not permitted. Taped on numbers are not acceptable. Basketball/Tennis shoes must be worn. No hard soled shoes, sandals or bare feet are allowed.
When a player is subbed in for another player, he must check in with the scorer’s table before the substitution. Only the game officials can beckon the subbed player to enter the game.
- Two (2) officials will be requested for each game and a scorekeeper will be scheduled
- Should an official be late or not able to be at the game, the game will begin on time with one (1) official.
- A Town assigned staff member or volunteer will open and close the gym, keep the scorebook, and run the clock. The Town Recreation Director has the final authority on decisions that may need to be made. Failure to comply with the decisions may result in forfeiture of a game or the team being dropped from the league/playoffs.
- 5-on-5, full-court
- Two (2) Twenty (20) minutes halves
- Two time outs per half for each team. In overtime, each team will have one timeout.
- Five (5) minute break during halftime
- Continuous running clock, however, the clock will stop for dead ball situation, timeouts, and injury timeouts
- 10-minute warm-up for teams who follow the prior game
- Overtime is three (3) minutes
League Representative for the Town of Farmville
Should you have any questions during the season, please call (434) 391-1125 or email email@example.com